Lymphedema is swelling in one or more extremities that results from impaired flow of the lymphatic system. Lymphedema occurs when lymph is not able to flow through the body the way that it should.
The Devon 51 Compression Therapy Pump helps lymph flows through the body and return to the bloodstream by mimicking the lymphatic systems through sequential compression. The therapy systems helps tremendously by reducing painful swelling, increasing mobility, and helping them get back to living their lives
Lymphedema is a chronic condition that is not curable at present, but may be alleviated by appropriate management; if not treated it can progress and become difficult to manage.
- Reduces Painful Swelling: The Devon Compression Therapy System reduces unpleasant and uncomfortable swelling that is associated with lymphedema.
- Increases Mobility: Continuous use of compression therapy allows patients to move more freely by helping to release blocked lymphatic fluid that may be restricting mobility.
- Improves Quality of Life: With less pain and more frequent mobility, the Devon compression therapy system gives patients the ability to get back to their normal daily lives.
Compression Therapy to relieve symptoms of lymphedema include swelling in one or more extremities.
2. PhD, M. M. (n.d.). Deep Vein Thrombosis in Air Travellers. Retrieved November 8, 2016, from http://www.yourhealthbase.com/DVT.htm
3. What to expect. (n.d.). Retrieved October 25, 2016, from http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/complications/deep-venous-thrombosis.aspx
4. Babycentre. Thrombosis in pregrnancy. (n.d.). Retrieved November 8, 2016, from http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1048412/thrombosis-in-pregnancy#ixzz4PRiZACKz
5. [www.airhealth.org/athletes.html, July 11, 2004]